X-Projects: Digital Biscuit Volunteers Required (Complete)
The following if from Oisín Kelly, and ex-MMM student who is looking for volunteers in various capacities for the Digital Biscuit event taking place in the Science Gallery shortly. Please see Oisín’s requirements below.
N.B. DCU is one of Digital Biscuit’s partners sponsoring the event.
The 3-day event in Dublin acts as a platform for filmmakers, technologists and creatives to meet, create, share knowledge and get inspired.
Digital Biscuit explores the future of the moving image through masterclasses, new technology demos, screenings and talks from world-renowned experts at the forefront of new digital filmmaking techniques”.
Digital Biscuit 2015 Volunteers
Digital Biscuit has an exciting internship position for a student or recent graduate interested in the Irish film and television industry. This position will offer unique work experience in an exciting environment. You will be given the opportunity to improve online marketing skills, and PR skills as well as assisting in research and administration and be exposed to key issues and developments in the film, television and technology industries.
• Online research of Film and Technology companies
• Event marketing support and creative promotional ideas
• Data entering and filing
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Excellent phone manner
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Passion for digital media and film and TV
Interns are expected to have a mature and flexible attitude and be able to work on own initiative.
Terms and Conditions
• Duration of position will be until February 1st
Individuals interested in an internship with Digital Biscuit should send e-mail to Ali Jack at “email@example.com” before Friday January 9th:
1. Letter of motivation
2. Up to date Curriculum Vitae
Please mark subject line: “Office Runner” and indicate clearly in your letter the exact time period you would be available.
Take photos of the different events that will be happening at Digital Biscuit.
Types of pictures we would be looking to get
- The talks
- The general atmosphere of the event
- Interaction between attendees and speakers
- People engaging with the products provided by our partners
Volunteers – 40 Total, 30 (plus the 10 members of the Marketing Team)
The Digital Biscuit crew will be the eyes, ears, voices and bodies at Digital Biscuit throughout the three day event.
Their role will be to;
- Assist attendees of Digital Biscuit from the minute they turn up to the minute they leave
- Guide ticket holders to the relevant locations
- Assist attendees in any queries regarding Digital Biscuit
- Be knowledgeable about event, technologies
Marketing Team – 10
The marketing team will be required occasionally for the run up to Digital Biscuit.
Their role will be to;
- Be a part of a Digital Biscuit promo video
- Distribute flyers throughout key locations in Dublin
- Inform the public about Digital Biscuit
- Be the on street faces of Digital Biscuit helping to direct traffic to website, Facebook, Twitter and then the event itself
- Be at Digital Biscuit January 28th– January 30th
Anyone interested in the above 3 positions can send an email to Oisín Kelly with the subject line “Volunteering for Digital Biscuit”
before January 13th. UPDATE – deadline now extended until Thursday Jan. 15th at 5pm.
For anyone interested in undertaking the event photography, we will need a portfolio of 10 photos showcasing your work and experience.