Sheffield Doc. & ITN One Minute Film Competition
The following is from the Sheffield Doc/Fest and ITN Source Short Film Competition website, which is open to international submissions. The Winner will be announced on Wed. 10th June 2015
- Create a 1 minute short film using solely archive material from ITN Source and music from Audio Network
- The film must use at least 10 archive clips
- The judges will be looking for an original, visually arresting piece from the winning production, but other than that there are no constraints – run wild with the archive!
- The competition is open to all International Filmmakers
ABOUT ITN SOURCE
ITN Source is the gateway to a treasure trove of inspirational and iconic creative moving imagery spanning 118 years (from 1896 to present day). Access award-winning news and entertainment programming, documentaries and feature films, covering everything from crime and conflict, to drama, celebrity, royals, politicians, comedy, music, wildlife and natural history from around the world.
The top 3 entries will be played prior to screenings in the Showroom Cinema sponsored by ITN Source at Sheffield Doc/Fest, 5-10 June 2015. The winner will be announced and presented with £1000 at the Festival Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 10 June, 2015.
ACCESSING ITN SOURCE ARCHIVE FOOTAGE:
- Register with ITN Source here.
- Enter the company name as “Sheffield Doc/Fest” and your business type as “other” on the registration form
- You will receive an email verifying your account and providing you with unlimited credits to download ITN “Ready-to-Buy” archive material (you must not download any other ITN Source partner material i.e. Reuters, ITV etc)
- You can then place your footage order via the ITN Source web account and download once given clearance.
ACCESSING AUDIO NETWORK MUSIC LIBRARY:
Access 10 free downloads of any Audio Network music simply by registering here.
HOW TO ENTER
The film can be supplied in the following file formats: avi, mov, wmv, m4v, mp4 or mpeg.
Send your finished film entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 23 April, 2015.
If you have any queries concerning the competition or how to access the material please contact email@example.com.