Media Job: Part-time Picture Desk Operator Required [Complete]
Some good news – the Farmers Journal are looking for a ‘picture desk operator’ which would suit anyone interested in Photography/Imaging and Video Production. Interestingly they are looking for someone with a “B.Sc. in Multimedia”. Some bad news – the deadline is this Wednesday 4th May 2016. More details below.
JOB TITLE: Picture Desk Operator
REPORTING TO: Photography & Video Coordinator
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term contract
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Variable / part-time hours. Hours of work will be determined by mutual agreement in line with business needs. The Company gives no guarantee that hours will be offered on a weekly basis. The Company will give notice of hours of work which are available. Based in The Agricultural Trust offices at Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB: Providing cover for the picture desk as required.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing images and videos for the production of Agricultural Trust titles, both print and digital
- Assisting with the workflow of the photography department
- Answering phone and email queries
- Assisting with the upkeep of the analogue and digital photographic archive
- Video editing and production
- Providing additional support to the photography department as required
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- BSc in Multimedia or equivalent qualification
- Multimedia background / experience
- Photoshop skills – Retouching, colour correcting, cut-outs etc.
- Video editing experience
- Audio editing experience
- Organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative to maintain and improve working environment
OTHER FEATURES OF JOB:
- Responsibilities are flexible and may be changed and / or added to in accordance with business requirements.
- The role-holder will be required to work on any project that the Photography & Video Coordinator and/or the Editor & CEO may reasonably delegate at any time and, if necessary, to work as part of The Agricultural team on any publications / tasks as required.
If interested please contact:
Sarah Buckley | HR Manager | The Agricultural Trust publishers of the Irish Farmers Journal, Irish Country Magazine and The Irish Field