Media Job: Multimedia Co-Ordinator Required RTE [Complete]
Úna Curran, an ex-multimedia student (2014), now multimedia Co-Ordinator in RTE, advises that a new position is available for a multimedia co-ordinator with the broadcaster (details below).
RTÉ is Ireland’s national public-service media organisation. A leader in Irish media, RTÉ provides comprehensive, cost-effective, free-to-air multimedia services to the public in Ireland and interested audiences internationally.
RTÉ Digital, a division of RTÉ, is responsible for leading RTÉ’s digital strategy, as well as developing digital products and services including RTÉ.ie, RTÉ Player, the RTÉ News Now and RTÉjr mobile apps, and the RTÉ Archives.
We are looking for a smart, creative and dynamic multimedia co-ordinator to join our Content and Products Team. The Content and Products team is responsible for ensuring that content is packaged and published to various platforms and services including mobile apps, connected tvs, gaming consoles, YouTube and other key and emerging platforms.
This position will work as part of a team of multimedia co-ordinators and will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing RTÉ Player as a product and digital channel. We value creativity, initiative, passion and dedication. This is an opportunity to work within an exciting, ever-changing environment and to help deliver a great content and product experience to users wherever and whenever they want.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Content creation and curation – filming, editing, packaging, photoshop, graphic design and visual effects
- Editorial decision making and ability to work in fast paced environment
- Quality assurance (QA) and Quality Customer Service for all services on multiple platforms and devices
- Troubleshooting issues with efficient and timely escalation of issues and defects identified during QA
- Content publishing and monitoring to key platforms
- Live event scheduling and monitoring
- Social media campaign planning and execution
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT), new product development and ability to integrate new systems into day to day workflows
- Collaboration with other departments across the organisation
- A third-level qualification in multimedia, web design, journalism or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of the digital landscape and a love of technology
- Experience in content creation and curation
- Sound editorial judgement (writing, subbing, editing)
- Production and technical experience in a multimedia environment
- Experience planning, executing and driving insights from social media campaigns
- Project Management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in one or more of the following (Final Cut, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Ability to work with multiple teams and develop strong relationships
- Enthusiastic with a flexible working attitude
- Experience working with Microsoft Office especially Excel is an advantage
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
We need talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning, are self-directed and who are process oriented. They should demonstrate creative flair, excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment while maintaining excellent editorial standards.Team spirit is just as important as experience is for this position.They must be flexible and comfortable working in a changing environment.
The post involves a requirement to work various shifts over 7 days a week, depending on business needs.
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae. These documents must be attached as one file in the online application process.
This position will be offered on an ongoing contract basis, on the Multimedia Co-ordinator salary scale.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 3rd June 2016.
RTÉ is an equal-opportunities employer.